From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-3.0 and oldconfig
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 07:18:37
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 01:10:55 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >> I was hoping since it was a whole different numbering scheme that it
6 >> was a major change. That was the reason for my question. I didn't
7 >> know if this was major or a normal update or something else. I was
8 >> hoping for something like when Seamonkey went from version 1.* to 2.*
9 >> but this is not the case. The reason I was hoping for this was because
10 >> of my kernel panic issue. I'm still hopeful that something may have
11 >> been updated that will fix my problem but I'm not as hopeful now since
12 >> this is nothing great.
13 >>
14 > While your problem is major to you, the cause and solution are likely
15 > quite minor, an out of the way bug in a driver that requires your talents
16 > to discover :)
21 I guess I'm not explaining this well enough. I gave the example of the
22 difference between Seamonkey 1 and Seamonkey 2 for a reason. I was
23 *hoping* 3.0 was going to be a whole new thing but it appears that is
24 not. If, big if there, it was a major change, I was hoping for a fix.
25 Since it is not a major change, I'm not so hopeful now.
26
27 By the way, after the kernel upgrade, my plugins on youtube no longer
28 work. Youtube is in text mode. o_O Hmmmmmm.
29
30 Does that make sense?
31
32 Dale