From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-3.0 and oldconfig
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 08:11:55
1 >.  I was *hoping*
2 > 3.0 was going to be a whole new thing but it appears that is not.  If, big
3 > if there, it was a major change, I was hoping for a fix.  Since it is not a
4 > major change, I'm not so hopeful now.
5
6 Bugs are fixed all the time without major changes. If you enlist the
7 google's help, you can find out what they are. IIRC you're already on
8 2.6.39 so try searching for 2.6.39.1 then 2.6.39.2, 3.0.0 etc to see
9 if there's anything that sounds like it might fix your issue. Or just
10 try them all as they come out. You can see from the ebuild Changelog
11 which kernel patches match with which ebuild.