From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-3.0 and oldconfig
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 08:38:37
1 Adam Carter wrote:
2 >> . I was *hoping*
3 >> 3.0 was going to be a whole new thing but it appears that is not. If, big
4 >> if there, it was a major change, I was hoping for a fix. Since it is not a
5 >> major change, I'm not so hopeful now.
6 >>
7 > Bugs are fixed all the time without major changes. If you enlist the
8 > google's help, you can find out what they are. IIRC you're already on
9 > 2.6.39 so try searching for 2.6.39.1 then 2.6.39.2, 3.0.0 etc to see
10 > if there's anything that sounds like it might fix your issue. Or just
11 > try them all as they come out. You can see from the ebuild Changelog
12 > which kernel patches match with which ebuild.
16 Does anyone remember the Seamonkey or Firefox upgrades or am I the only
17 one that does? I know fixes are done all the time. I was just *hoping*
18 that since this was a huge number change, like Seamonkey going from
19 Seamonkey 1 to Seamonkey 2, that there would be some major changes.
20 That is why I asked if oldconfig would work. I have seen a couple times
21 when oldconfig wouldn't work even in the 2.* series but if this was some
22 new and improved thing that has been worked on for a while, I wasn't
23 sure if starting from scratch was recommended or not. .I know now that
24 is is basically nothing new except 2.6.39 with more of the usual fixes.
25
26 Here is some funny after thoughts on this tho. I went to some other
27 sites that have videos, other than Youtube. It is working so far. I
28 have downloaded a few videos and not one crash yet. Why am I not using
29 youtube you wonder, it is text only. Everything works on all the other
30 sites except youtube. I cleared all the cookies for youtube stuff but
31 still no worky. I have this snipped list of things installed:
32
33 root@fireball / # equery list *plugin* seamonkey *flash*
34 * Searching for *plugin* ...
35 [IP-] [ ] kde-base/kurifilter-plugins-4.6.5:4
36 [IP-] [ ] kde-base/nsplugins-4.6.5:4
37
38 <<<< Snipped out unrelated stuff >>>>
39
40 [IP-] [ ] www-plugins/nspluginwrapper-1.4.4-r1:0
41
42 * Searching for seamonkey ...
43 [IP-] [ ] www-client/seamonkey-2.0.14-r1:0
44
45 * Searching for *flash* ...
46 [IP-] [ ] www-plugins/adobe-flash-11.0.1.60_beta201107131-r1:0
47 root@fireball / #
48
49 Am I missing something? It works in Konqueror tho. I haven't got up
50 the nerve yet to open Firefox and see if it works or still causes a crash.
51
52 Weird stuff going on here.
53
54 Dale