From: Bo Andresen <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] national keyboard in open office
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 16:44:40
1 On Tuesday 09 May 2006 17:28, Pawel K wrote:
2 > Unfortunately I can't type Polish charecters under
3 > mozilla as well (tried both pl_PL and pl_PL.utf8). I
4 > expect to use right ALT + <character> e.g. right ALT +
5 > o should result with "ó" and now it results with just
6 > "o" both in Mozilla and OpenOffice. Left ALT + o opens
7 > F'o'rmat menu under OpenOffice.
8
9 How did you start OOo? Have you tried starting it from a cli (like xterm,
10 konsole, ..)? Does it give any errors messages if you do that?
11
12 E.g. if I set my locale to pl_PL I get the following output (which is expected
13 since I didn't build a polish locale and hence it is not showing up in
14 locale -a):
15
16 # LC_ALL=pl_PL oowriter2
17 perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
18 perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
19 LC_ALL = "pl_PL",
20 LANG = "pl_PL"
21 are supported and installed on your system.
22 perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").
23 I18N: Operating system doesn't support locale ""
24 I18N: Operating system doesn't support locale "en_US"
27 Bo Andresen