From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: SSH hosed, only rubble remains
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 19:03:42
1 IGNORE this posting. It was a fumble-fingers. Corrected and completed
2 posting follows.
3
4 On 5/25/06, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 > Somewhere along the line, ssh and ssh2 have gotten conflated, confused or
7 > just
8 > downright broken. I have been running ssh daemon(s) for so long I don't
9 > even
10 > remember how I set them up. They Just Ran (TM).
11 >
12 > For a short while, ssh connections to here (home) from work have taken an
13 > unusually long time to establish. I thought it was something to do with
14 > my
15 > domain registration, which was changing at the same time, but that has
16 > settled
17 > down (I think). And I've been too busy surviving a car crash and
18 > attendant
19 > medical problems to be exactly on top of the situation.
20 >
21 > Now I cannot seem to make a connection at all, and I can't make much sense
22 > out of the setup I have.
23 >
24 > First, I have both an
25 > /etc/init.d/sshd