From: Stephen Liu <satimis@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] About dig command and others
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 15:49:14
1 Hi Boyd,
2
3 > > Is there another method to check/verify my suspicion. TIA
4
5 > Based on the original post, it sounds to me like your ISP is (intentionally
6 > or not) blocking that site. There's very little (probably nothing) you
7 > could do to prove they are doing it intentionally.
8
9 Actually I'm not interested on the site being blocked which is/was censored to a blank page. It was because of an article against the owner of my ISP. This owner owns 2 ISPs. All their subcribers can't browse the blocked site. This happening went to public on newspapers. Some subscribers made complaint to the authority concerned.
10
11 > What you've already
12 > done (tried via other ISPs and a proxy service) already proves the site is
13 > blocked
14
15 I can browse the site via proxydom.com without problem. On my search installing foxyproxy, the addon, on Firefox can browse the site. I'm running SeaMonkey on this Gentoo box. I'm now learning how to make foxyproxy to work on SeaMonkey.
16
17 My sole interest is to learn accumulating my IT knowhow. How to prove this malpractice is done by my ISP.
18
19 > (although, I suppose it could be the site blocking your ISP and
20 > not vice-versa).
21 The owner of the site also made complaint to the telecommunication authority here.
22
23 Others noted with tks.
24
25 B.R.