From: Aggelos <marmango@××××××××.gr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, motub@××××××.nl
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] radeon and framebuffer
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 09:21:52
1 Holly Bostick wrote:
2
3 > I myself have a 9800SE, and also use vesa-tng for fbsplash. Both
4 > fbsplash/framebuffer and fglrx work fine; aside from the fb console
5 > background, I can even play mplayer videos in the getty console, which
6 > is also a framebuffer operation as far as I know. I have heard that
7 > enabling the radeon framebuffer is a bad idea, though (it doesn't work
8 > well with the fglrx drivers). But stick to vesa or vesa-tng, and you
9 > should have no problems. I haven't, from 2.6.13 kernels up to my current
10 > (2.6.15-r7), and with fglrx versions from 8.8.whatever to my current 8.22.5.
11 >
12 > Hope this helps.
13 > Holly
14
15 Could you tell me the options you are passing to the kernel at boot time
16 (I am using grub) for the vesa-tng ?
17 Thanks.
18 Aggelos.
22 http://www.freemail.gr - äùñåÜí õðçñåóßá çëåêôñïíéêïý ôá÷õäñïìåßïõ.