From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Konqueror config window width
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 20:02:26
1 On Saturday 20 September 2008, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Saturday 20 September 2008 10:32:26 Mick wrote:
3 > > Hi All,
4 > >
5 > > This is driving me up the wall and would love to find a solution:
6 > >
7 > > For some reason when I click on the Konqueror crypto configuration, using
8 > > my Fluxbox WM, the window that comes up is ridiculously wide. Something
9 > > like twice the width of my screen! I have to drag it to the left/right
10 > > if I want to enter data in any of the fields. I tried resizing it by
11 > > dragging the bottom corners, but it is not possible. I can only increase
12 > > it's width - which is the opposite of what I want.
13 > >
14 > > Have you come across this problem and how did you overcome it?
15 >
16 > No such problem here. Step 1 is to establish if konqueror or the wm is
17 > doing it. Have a look inside ~/.kde/share/config/* and see if there's any
18 > specific settings related to crypto and width.
19
20 Couldn't find any crypto specific file (unless it has a 'cryptic' name? o_O)
21
22 Is there a clever regex string to search inside the files
23 within .kde/share/config/* and tell me which one contains crypto settings?
24
25 > Then in the crypto dialog itself, do any of those fields have enough data
26 > in them that would make the window very wide if fully displayed?
27
28 No, that's the funny thing. The Konqueror Config window opens on the Behavior
29 tab which is normal width - say 738px. Then when I click on the Crypto tab
30 it opens up at twice the width of my screen, on the first sub-tab, SSL. The
31 first column "SSLv2 ciphers to use" is just 248px, but then there's a blank
32 column next to it. The next column after that, "SSLv3 Ciphers to Use" does
33 not start until 741px to the right. Given that the typical width of a column
34 in the SSL tab is 248px, this 741px for empty columns is what it seems to
35 through it out. Dragging the corners of the Fluxbox window cannot shrinking
36 the overall size beyond this super-wide setting.
37
38 > Finally, stop all KDE apps and rename ~/.kde temporarily. Restart konqueror
39 > and if the problem still persists, it's likely a wm issue. It's been a long
40 > time since I used fluxbox so someone else will have to help you there :-)
41
42 I recall trying this in the past - but I will try it again and see what gives.
43
44 Thanks for your suggestions.
45 --
46 Regards,