From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev or Gentoo issue?
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 14:02:26
1 On 13/05/14 16:58, Samuli Suominen wrote:
2 > On 13/05/14 16:50, Grant wrote:
3 >> I'm having a problem starting the USB network interfaces properly on
4 >> one of my systems. I brought the problem to the udev list and they're
5 >> indicating that it's a Gentoo problem:
6 >>
7 >> https://www.mail-archive.com/systemd-devel@×××××××××××××××××.org/msg18840.html
8 >>
9 >> Should I file a bug?
10 >>
11 >> - Grant
12 >>
13 > Like pointed out in the upstream thread, it's either wrongly built
14 > net-misc/dhcpcd (should be with USE="udev")
15 > and if not using dhcpcd, it might be a bug in net-misc/netifrc's
16 > /etc/init.d/net.lo depend() { } section --
17 > it's possible it's missing dependency that forces /etc/init.d/udev start
18 > first, specially if OpenRC is using parallel
19 > startup
20 >
21 > So not really a udev bug, rather a misconfiguration in dhcpcd USE flags
22 > OR bug in dependencies of netifrc's net.lo script
23 >
24 > - Samuli
27 Or possibly you have the net.* stuff in wrong runlevels that makes them
28 start
29 too early?
30 There could also be a problem regarding netifrc's udev hotplugging, you can
31 disable it altogether by:
32
33 # ln -s /dev/null /etc/udev/rules.d/90-network.rules
34
35 The symlink to /dev/null in /etc/udev/rules.d/90-network.rules makes
36 /lib/udev/rules.d/90-network.rules
37 no-op. Notice this 90-network.rules is also part of net-misc/netifrc, so
38 don't make the mistake of
39 assuming this is a bug in any of udev, eudev or systemd
40
41 - Samuli