From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Debian just voted in systemd for default init system in jessie
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2014 11:30:06
1 On Friday 28 Feb 2014 13:45:12 Stroller wrote:
2 > On Fri, 28 February 2014, at 8:05 am, Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
3 wrote:
4
5 > > This must be a US -only thing since I've never even heard of AOL
6 > > desktop/suite before, even while lived through the 90's and the bulletin
7 > > board times (as being a SysOp myself ;-)
8 >
9 > I'm in the UK, myself.
10 >
11 > The AOL software is browser, email, IM and ads, all wrapped up in a single
12 > Windows application.
13 >
14 > http://i.imgur.com/bUin2ki.png
15 >
16 > I doubt there's anyone on this list who wouldn't find it obnoxious, but
17 > there are people who are really happy with it.
18
19 I think it also comes with its own (branded) antivirus, since most of its
20 users couldn't be trusted to set up or keep up with updates on their PC. I
21 can't recall if it also turns on and runs MSWindows Updates too. :-p
24 Regards,
25 Mick