From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] duplicate gentoo system - errors
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 22:20:23
1 On Mon, 23 Nov 2020 20:57:34 +0000, antlists wrote:
2
3 > > And correct me if I'm wrong but with rsync if something dies in
4 > > process you can usually start it back up and complete the job without
5 > > starting over from scratch.
6 >
7 > If you dd the partition (which I'm planning to do), then there's no
8 > problem of uuids - that's at the MBR GPT level.
9
10 PARTUUIDs are are the GPT level, UUIDs are filesystem metadata.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 Stupid user error. Terminate user (Y/n) ?