From: Daniel Iliev <daniel.iliev@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X server locks up if a 3D game is run
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 15:55:40
1 On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 01:53:28 -0400
2 Kevin Stangl <kevin.stangl@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hello,
5 > I recently bought a new portable with an Intel GMA X3100, which I
6 > believe to be supported by the Intel driver. However, when I attempt
7 > to run many 3D games (tested with Savage and doomsday-1.9.0_beta5), X
8 > locks up and I am seemingly unable to switch VTs. According to its
9 > log, however, it had killed itself. Direct rendering worked
10 > out-of-the-box, however; glxgears functions normally with no lockups
11 > as well. In Windows, both Savage and Doomsday function normally.
12 >
13 > Since I didn't want to clutter this post, I put logs/configs on
14 > pastebin.ca.
15 >
16 > Xorg.0.log from the crash: http://pastebin.ca/939332
17 > xorg.conf: http://pastebin.ca/939333
18 > uname -r: 2.6.24.3
19 > kernel .config: http://pastebin.ca/939334
20 >
21 > Any help would be much appreciated.
25 There was a thread [1] on this list about dealing with X lock-ups.
26 Unfortunately, I can't provide you with info on avoiding them.
29 [1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user/191864
34 Best regards,
35 Daniel
36 --