From: Kevin Stangl <kevin.stangl@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] X server locks up if a 3D game is run
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 05:53:41
1 Hello,
2 I recently bought a new portable with an Intel GMA X3100, which I
3 believe to be supported by the Intel driver. However, when I attempt to
4 run many 3D games (tested with Savage and doomsday-1.9.0_beta5), X
5 locks up and I am seemingly unable to switch VTs. According to its log,
6 however, it had killed itself. Direct rendering worked out-of-the-box,
7 however; glxgears functions normally with no lockups as well. In
8 Windows, both Savage and Doomsday function normally.
9
10 Since I didn't want to clutter this post, I put logs/configs on
11 pastebin.ca.
12
13 Xorg.0.log from the crash: http://pastebin.ca/939332
14 xorg.conf: http://pastebin.ca/939333