From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge -e system - output info/errors to log
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 17:09:30
1 On Sunday 18 April 2010 17:38:19 Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > I must be missing something obvious...
3 >
4 > When updating gcc, and thus emerging -e both system and world
5
6 Why are you doing that? Have you verified that you have in fact updated gcc
7 from one version to another with an incompatible ABI?
8
9 There is a false idea floating about that gcc updates require updating -e
10 world.
11
12 This is not true.
13
14 > , where are
15 > the info/warn/errors logged? I see a whole bunch of separate/individual
16 > logs ion /var/log/portage/elog, but what I'm looking for is a single,
17 > easily readable log of all of the result info/warn/errors for each package.
18
19 Configure it in /etc/make.conf, mine looks like so:
20
21 PORT_LOGDIR=/var/log/portage
22 PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES="warn error log qa"
23 PORTAGE_ELOG_SYSTEM="save"
24
25 Adapt to you own needs.
26
27 If you don't have this configured, then the logs are not stored. To see them
28 again, read the ebuilds or re-run emrge
32 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com