From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Scanners, sane and driver support question
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 08:37:11
1 On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 00:24:11 -0600, Dale wrote:
2
3 > >> Also, I plan to get a color laser printer later on.
4 > >> From what I've read, they can last for many years and it's cheaper
5 > >> for the toner than all those cartridges etc for ink jets.
6 > > I got a colour laser all-in-one, it's nearly 8 years old and not had
7 > > any problems with it. Would like to replace it for a double-sided
8 > > (print and scan) version though.
9 >
10 > Just curious, are there any good or bad brands to avoid?  I've tried to
11 > stick with HP for scanner.s/printers since they are usually supported,
12 > but not always.
13
14 I bought an HP_Color (their spelling, not mine!) LaserJet MFP M476dw a
15 few years ago. It does duplex printing and scanning and just works. A
16 full set of toner cartridges isn't cheap, but they last well.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Do I BELIEVE in the Bible?! HELL man, I've SEEN one!!!