From: "David M. Fellows" <fellows@×××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] EAPI-6 dev-python ebuilds
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 17:16:39
1 On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 15:50:02 +0000
2 James wrote -
3 > Hello,
4 >
5 > I'm looking for some EAPI-6 examples or ebuild templates to
6 > to review.
9 > Is there a simple way to parse the portage tree for EAPI=6 examples
10 > regardless if they are testing, stable or still just beta in a git
11 > repo somewhere? Maybe a particular dev has already revised a group
12 > of ebuilds and I just need to search out, by dev, a list of packages and
13 > recent date of ebuilds to find a cache of EAPI=6 ebuilds to parse?
14 > (not sure how to proceed on this hunch).
17 > # qgrep -H EAPI=5 wstools-0.4.3.ebuild
18 > dev-python/wstools/wstools-0.4.3.ebuild:EAPI=5
19 >
20 > works for a specific file, but I want to parse the entire /dev-python
21 > portion of the portage tree. Is there a more robust tool? Maybe I should
22 > just patch the qgrep applet to suite my needs (hardest option)?
23
24 cd /usr/portage/dev-python
25 grep -r -l "EAPI=5" * |grep 'ebuild$'
26
27 Not particularly efficient, but for "one-offs"...
30 Dave F