From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SpamAssassin is letting everything through
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 23:10:45
1 On Thursday 25 August 2005 23:41, Jonathan Wright wrote:
2 > Once of the things I found that helped very quickly was the DCC system
3 > (Distributed Checksum Clearing). They store the checksum of all know
4 > spam mails. Once I enabled that, my level of false spam went down
5 > massively. I very rarely get any spam in my Inbox any more (although I
6 > do get the occasional genuine mail there, usually mass-mail like from
7 > eBay, but a white-list solves that one).
8
9 Any chance you could enlighten the rest of us to how you enabled DCC?
10 Does spamassassin detect the client tools presence automagically, or is it a
11 compile time thing, or a config change, etc?
12
13 Ta
16 Mike Williams
17 --