From: Jonathan Wright <mail@×××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SpamAssassin is letting everything through
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 22:49:52
1 daniel wrote:
2 > I've been beating my head against my keyboard all day trying to figure out how
3 > get SpamAssassin working on our server and so far I've not had a lot of
4 > success.
5
6 Once of the things I found that helped very quickly was the DCC system
7 (Distributed Checksum Clearing). They store the checksum of all know
8 spam mails. Once I enabled that, my level of false spam went down
9 massively. I very rarely get any spam in my Inbox any more (although I
10 do get the occasional genuine mail there, usually mass-mail like from
11 eBay, but a white-list solves that one).
14 Jonathan Wright ~ mail at djnauk.co.uk
15 ~ www.djnauk.co.uk
16 --
17 2.6.12-gentoo-r6-djnauk-b7 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 Mobile CPU 1.80GHz
18 up 14:34, 4 users, load average: 1.43, 0.66, 0.40
19 --
20 "There is nothing wrong with going to bed with someone of your own
21 sex. People should be very free with sex, they should draw the line
22 at goats."
23
24 ~ Elton John
25 --