From: Christopher Koeber <ckoeber@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wireless trouble: unknown symbols
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 05:48:56
1 Are you having driver issues? Apologies for not getting your earlier
2 messages, just signed up.
3 Regards,
4 Christopher Koeber
5
6 On 10/4/06, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss03@××××××××××.net> wrote:
7 >
8 > On Tuesday 03 October 2006 21:37, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote
9 > about 'Re: [gentoo-user] Wireless trouble: unknown symbols':
10 > > These 64 bits are starting to get me down. Can I run an x86 system
11 > > with this AMD Sempron64 3000+ CPU?
12 >
13 > Yes, but you'll be throwing out 8 extra bits of addressing space and about
14 > 1/2 dozen extra registers. Those are not accessible to 32-bit code.
15 >
16 > --
17 > "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
18 > it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
19 > clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
20 > -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh