From: Ian Kabeary <omega21@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Java apps take longer to load than a... I dont know what.
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 22:35:12
1 I will answer all of these when I get home! Thanks for the help.
2
3 On 8/15/06, Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org> wrote:
4 >
5 > On 8/15/06, Ian Kabeary <omega21@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > >
7 > > The subject kind of says it all, really.
8 > > With the exception of OpenOffice, pretty much every Java app I start can
9 > > take like 5-7 minutes to LOAD! Once its up it runs totally up to speed,
10 > but
11 > > this is on a 3.2GHz Pentium 4.
12 >
13 > What jdk/jre did you install? Have you tried another?
14 >
15 > Are the apps attempting to contact something on the internet, and
16 > timing out? Tcpdump or wireshark may help in this case.
17 >
18 > Finally, an "strace -tt java ..." might reveal if there is a system
19 > call that it is waiting on that is taking a while.
20 >
21 > -Richard
22 > --
23 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list