From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Java apps take longer to load than a... I dont know what.
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 21:07:55
1 On 8/15/06, Ian Kabeary <omega21@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > The subject kind of says it all, really.
4 > With the exception of OpenOffice, pretty much every Java app I start can
5 > take like 5-7 minutes to LOAD! Once its up it runs totally up to speed, but
6 > this is on a 3.2GHz Pentium 4.
7
8 What jdk/jre did you install? Have you tried another?
9
10 Are the apps attempting to contact something on the internet, and
11 timing out? Tcpdump or wireshark may help in this case.
12
13 Finally, an "strace -tt java ..." might reveal if there is a system
14 call that it is waiting on that is taking a while.
15
16 -Richard
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list