From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Reverse Tethering - How to?
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 11:06:25
1 On Wed, 17 September 2014, at 10:53 am, Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
2 > …
3 >>> My mobile should be able to use the (wired) network connection of my Gentoo box.
4 >
5 > My GenToo box doesn't have a wireless card.
6 > I'd like to connect my mobile to the USB port of my Gentoo box and get access
7 > to the (wired) network.
8
9 I'm sure this must be possible.
10
11 Isn't it a standard thing to connect laptop and phone by USB and share the phone's 3G connection with the laptop?
12
13 This document seems to describe that setup: http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Android_USB_Tethering
14
15 In this case the USB is being used as an ethernet connection - you're simply asking for the routing to occur in the opposite direction.
16
17 Loads of hits on Google for "tether android usb".
18
19 Stroller.