From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Reverse Tethering - How to?
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 11:31:42
1 On Wednesday, September 17, 2014 12:05:37 PM Stroller wrote:
2 > On Wed, 17 September 2014, at 10:53 am, Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××.rwth-
3 aachen.de> wrote:
4 > > …
5 > >
6 > >>> My mobile should be able to use the (wired) network connection of my
7 > >>> Gentoo box.>
8 > > My GenToo box doesn't have a wireless card.
9 > > I'd like to connect my mobile to the USB port of my Gentoo box and get
10 > > access to the (wired) network.
11 >
12 > I'm sure this must be possible.
13 >
14 > Isn't it a standard thing to connect laptop and phone by USB and share the
15 > phone's 3G connection with the laptop?
16 >
17 > This document seems to describe that setup:
18 > http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Android_USB_Tethering
19 >
20 > In this case the USB is being used as an ethernet connection - you're simply
21 > asking for the routing to occur in the opposite direction.
22 >
23 > Loads of hits on Google for "tether android usb".
24 >
25 > Stroller.
26
27 Stroller,
28
29 Helmut is trying to do the opposite.
30 He wants the mobile phone to use the internet connection of his desktop.
33 Joost