From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: automated code validation
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 21:04:24
1 Alec Ten Harmsel <alec <at> alectenharmsel.com> writes:
4 > > an automated fashion. It's also extremely alpha and I find new
5 > > issues every time I use it.
6
7 alpha is my middle name.
10 > > That all being said I would love feedback and if anyone is brave
11 > > enough to use it I would love to start cataloging issues that
12 > > people find in github.
13
14 Careful, I'm looking for someone to understand my goals and LEAD.
15 I'm more of a Klingon, when it come to software, that most.....
18 > > James, if this doesn't fit your vision then I apologize for the
19 > > tangential reply to your thread.
20
21 > > [1] https://github.com/alunduil/etest
22
23 I have many hammers. WE will make it fit and serve your goals too.
24 Parties are about everyone having fun, imho.
25
26 > It'd be cool if Gentoo had some sort of automated workflow (with
27 > Jenkins, buildbot, whatever) like this:
28 > 1. Receive pull request
29 > 2. Detect changed ebuild
30 > 3. test ebuild with etest
31
32 Let's dumb this down a bit. What all do I need to emerge/tweak to
33 this running on a single system. Right now I'm using lxde,
34 but soon I'll have 3 high end workstations with ample ram/8core/amd64
35 to run a small cluster. Are you proposing for me to use a single system,
36 a (3) node btrfs/ceph cluster (not yet finished) or work across the net?
37
38 Alec has his own cluster at UM, so I need some short term and long
39 term suggestions what you want, on this list or privately; whatever
40 is comfortable for you.
41
42 Hopefully we'll get a database_dude involved to keep this organized?
45 I'm all in!
48 James