From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] compressed filesystem
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2011 07:06:03
1 On Thu, 2011-09-01 at 09:37 +1000, Adam Carter wrote:
2 > > Btrfs supports on the fly compression
3 >
4 > Yes it supports two types, lzo and zlib, zlib compresses more densely,
5 > and the mount option for that is compress=zlib.
8 Is it reliable?
9
10 A month ago I returned all my BTRFS partitions to reiserfs because of
11 unfixable errors. Initially I was quite impressed, but until the tools
12 catch up with real world problems I'll watch from the sidelines. Errors
13 will happen, but fixing them is important too.
14
15 BillK