From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: pambase/shadow warning
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 14:44:24
1 On Sun, Apr 22 2012, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > On Sun, 22 Apr 2012 14:21:56 -0400, Allan Gottlieb wrote:
4 >
5 >> First, thanks for the fix, hopefully not needed.
6 >>
7 >> It appears that the bug is in conf-update and not shadow so the rather
8 >> brusque changing of the status of the shadow bug to "resolved" might be
9 >> appropriate. But it would have been nice if they mentioned conf-update
10 >> and neil's fix.
11 >
12 > The bug is not the same as I experienced. That problem is caused by not
13 > running any updater, and there are circumstances in which this might
14 > happen. My issue was cause by running a misbehaving updater.
15
16 Thanks for the clarification.
17 allan