From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: pambase/shadow warning
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 20:30:49
1 On Sun, 22 Apr 2012 14:21:56 -0400, Allan Gottlieb wrote:
2
3 > First, thanks for the fix, hopefully not needed.
4 >
5 > It appears that the bug is in conf-update and not shadow so the rather
6 > brusque changing of the status of the shadow bug to "resolved" might be
7 > appropriate. But it would have been nice if they mentioned conf-update
8 > and neil's fix.
9
10 The bug is not the same as I experienced. That problem is caused by not
11 running any updater, and there are circumstances in which this might
12 happen. My issue was cause by running a misbehaving updater.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Help put the "fun" back in "dysfunctional" !