From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM, /usr and really really bad thoughts.
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 04:17:26
1 Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2
3 > I keep my /usr partition in /, but seeing the modules from dracut, the
4 > "magic" happens at:
5 >
6 > /usr/lib/dracut/modules.d/98usrmount/mount-usr.sh
7 >
8 > Basically, it seems that if /usr is specified in /etc/fstab, then
9 > dracut will mount it. It says nothing about LVM, but that is taken
10 > care of in the scripts at:
11 >
12 > /usr/lib/dracut/modules.d/90lvm
13 >
14 > I'm not familiar with LVM, but it seems simple enough. And you can
15 > create and modify your own dracut modules, of course.
16 >
17 > Regards.
20 I thought is was magic. lol I'm glad to get confirmation of this.
21 Also, does it look to you like it is using the init thingy now? From
22 what I see in dmesg it looks like it is working.
23
24 Thanks for the reply. It's a start.
25
26 Dale
27
31 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
32 how you interpreted my words!
33
34 Miss the compile output? Hint:
35 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"