From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM, /usr and really really bad thoughts.
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 05:42:56
1 On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 10:16 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
3 >
4 >> I keep my /usr partition in /, but seeing the modules from dracut, the
5 >> "magic" happens at:
6 >>
7 >> /usr/lib/dracut/modules.d/98usrmount/mount-usr.sh
8 >>
9 >> Basically, it seems that if /usr is specified in /etc/fstab, then
10 >> dracut will mount it. It says nothing about LVM, but that is taken
11 >> care of in the scripts at:
12 >>
13 >> /usr/lib/dracut/modules.d/90lvm
14 >>
15 >> I'm not familiar with LVM, but it seems simple enough. And you can
16 >> create and modify your own dracut modules, of course.
17 >>
18 >> Regards.
21 > I thought is was magic.  lol  I'm glad to get confirmation of this.
22 > Also, does it look to you like it is using the init thingy now?
23
24 From:
25
26 [ 0.787822] Trying to unpack rootfs image as initramfs...
27
28 I would say it's using an initramfs; if you only specify the dracut
29 created one in grub or lilo, that should be the one.
30
31 And from /usr/lib/dracut/modules.d/98usrmount/mount-usr.sh:36, you
32 should grep for the string "Mounting /usr" in your logs. It seems that
33 the loglevel is info, so it should pop up by default.
34
35 Finally, and it's none of my bussines, but reiserfs? Seriously?
36
37 Regards.
38 --
39 Canek Peláez Valdés