From: "Marko Kocić" <marko.kocic@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Error booting new kernel
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 14:41:35
1 I have a quastion related to vanilla-sources kernel.
2
3 After upgrading vanilla-sources from 2.6.26 to 2.6.28_rc2 I am not
4 able to boot anymore. I tried playing with menuconfig couple of times,
5 but couldn't find what I have to change in order to make it work
6 again.
7
8 The error message while booting is like this:
9
10 Using IPI shortcut mode
11 BIOS EDD facility v 0.16 2004-Jul-25 1 devices found
12 VFS: Cannot open root device "307" on unknown-block(3,7)
13 Please append a correct "root=" boot option; here are the available
14 partitions:
15 Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-
16 block(3,7)
19 Note that in my lilo.conf I have root=/dev/hda7 line for all kernels.
20
21 Thanks for any suggestion,
22 Marko