From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CUPS remote printing drives me crazy
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 13:55:27
1 On Wed, 12 Sep 2018 14:50:36 +0200, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2
3 > On one machine - called SERVER - I have a USB printer which works just
4 > fine with CUPS.
5 > I've tried to make it "shared". This printer has the name USB_printer.
6 >
7 > On the other machine, which has no physical printer itself, I just
8 > want to add a remote printer which
9 > uses USB_printer on the SERVER.
10 >
11 > If I try to configure this remote printer, my first problem is its
12 > name (URL)
13 > I've tried ipp://SERVER:631/printers/USB_printer but when I try to
14 > print to it,
15 > I always get "printer cannot be located"
16 >
17 > Would anybody be so kind to share (the relevant parts) of his/her
18 > cupsd.conf on the server as well as
19 > on the client?
20
21 Have you allowed access to the server from the local network? Something
22 like this in cupsd.conf
23
24 # Restrict access to the server...
25 <Location />
26 Order allow,deny
27 Allow localhost
28 Allow 192.168.1.*
29 </Location>
33 Neil Bothwick
34
35 Why marry a virgin? If she wasn't good enough for the rest of them, then
36 she isn't good enough for you.