From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: freeSwitch
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 14:13:47
1 <covici <at> ccs.covici.com> writes:
4 > > How do you install freeswitch, just a raw compile from sources?
5 > > Or is there an ebuild somewhere that I missed?
6
7 > I just did the configure, make, make install combination, it by default
8 > installs in /usr/local/freeswitch -- even the binaries, so its somewhat
9 > isolated. but check the docs first, you will need some libraries which
10 > are not in gentoo and must be gotten from their repository just to
11 > build. I think I had to download and install a dozen packages from
12 > source.
13
14 Thanks for the info. Did you every file a bug to have an ebuild created?
15 BGO searching did not find one and freeswitch just seems like a cool
16 software to add to gentoo.
17
18 Oh, I almost forget to mention:: what caught my eye was that I ran
19 across instructions for installation on a Raspberry Pi 2 [1].
20 And was wondering if a larger pbx (ip-switch) could be built
21 by clustering Rpi3 devices together?
22
23 Lots of projects seem to be centric on Rpi3 clusters these days. [2]
24 Thanks again for the feedback.
25
26 James
27