From: Ricardo Saffi Marques <saffi@××××××××××××××.br>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VM Ware or not?
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 19:37:25
1 We've been using VMware Server and VMware Server Console at our lab.
2 Everything works really good. The point is that you can't use a real
3 phisical partition of any of your disks. You have to create a virtual disk
4 for the guest system.
5 It works beautifully with a virtualization-compatible processor. We've been
6 using VMware Server at a Core 2 Quad and things are going so great that
7 right now there are 17 VMs running on it. Almost natively (performance).
8
9 Regards,
10
11 Saffi