From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] syslog-ng-3.6.1 nearly no log anymore
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 21:12:06
1 On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 3:08 PM, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 09:34:18AM +0000, Neil Bothwick wrote
3 >> On Sat, 15 Nov 2014 07:04:03 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
4 >>
5 >> > Since you have it, but don't run it, does USE=-systemd fix the issue?
6 >>
7 >> Worth a try. If it does fix it I would consider it a bug since adding
8 >> systemd support should not implicitly disable it under openrc.
9 >
10 > I disagree. He's telling the build that it's running under systemd,
11 > but there is no systemd running. That's a problem with them pesky
12 > computers... they do what you tell them to do, not what you want them to
13 > do.
16 USE=systemd simply means to enable support for systemd, not that it is
17 running. Generally stuff like this should be a matter of
18 configuration, not build options.
19
20 Otherwise your life as a Gentoo user would be a living nightmare when
21 you look at how many profile use flags there are.
24 Rich