From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Looking for IMAP->IMAP spam filtering
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 01:03:37
1 On Feb 21, 2012 7:03 AM, "Grant Edwards" <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 2012-02-20, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > I'm looking to set up something that reads messages from one IMAP
5 > > server/mailbox, filters out the spam, and then writes the filtered
6 > > messages into another IMAP server/mailbox. The source and destination
7 > > servers may or may not be the same, and neither is the machine where
8 > > the filter is running. I'd like the solution to use the IMAP IDLE
9 > > command to avoid the latency and load of constantly setting up SSL
10 > > connections and polling the source server.
11 > >
12 > > It looks like fetchmail -> procmail+spamassassin -> dovecot/deliver
13 > > ought to do what I want.
14 >
15 > Or not. It looks dovecot can't deliver to a mailbox on an IMAP server
16 > after all.
17 >
18 > > Is there something simpler and easier that I've overlooked?
21 Seems to me "getmail" is more suitable for your needs:
22
23 http://pyropus.ca/software/getmail/documentation.html#features
24
25 the feature list says that it can run a filtering software, and delivers
26 emails directly into maildirs.
27
28 Not sure about IDLE support though.
29