From: Mark Kirkwood <markir@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Thanks and bye for now
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 11:37:30
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Saturday 27 December 2008 01:19:11 Mark Kirkwood wrote:
7 >>> Due to a new work situation where extensive use is made of Debian, I
8 >>> feel the need to have a Debian-based play server. This unfortunately
9 >>> means my trusty Gentoo box is to be sacrificed :-(
10 >>>
11 >>> Thanks for the help I have received over the last few years (think I
12 >>> joined in 2005). I have enjoyed being part of the Gentoo community, and
13 >>> hope to be back alter sometime.
14 >>>
15 >>>
16 >> Good luck with the new job.
17 >>
18 >> But don't feel like you have to leave here just because you now use Debian
19 >> more :-) This is one of the most knowledgeable and helpful user groups
20 >> around, and apart from portage, baselayout and a few other odd things, pretty
21 >> much every question you could ask here can be applicable everywhere else.
27 > Watch him slowly convert them over to Gentoo. o_O Then he'll be back
28 > and asking who has a server like theirs. lol
29 >
30 > Good luck dude!!
33 LOL, thanks for the nice thoughts guys - much appreciated!
34
35 Mark