From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Thanks and bye for now
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 11:04:11
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Saturday 27 December 2008 01:19:11 Mark Kirkwood wrote:
3 >
4 >> Due to a new work situation where extensive use is made of Debian, I
5 >> feel the need to have a Debian-based play server. This unfortunately
6 >> means my trusty Gentoo box is to be sacrificed :-(
7 >>
8 >> Thanks for the help I have received over the last few years (think I
9 >> joined in 2005). I have enjoyed being part of the Gentoo community, and
10 >> hope to be back alter sometime.
13 > Good luck with the new job.
14 >
15 > But don't feel like you have to leave here just because you now use Debian
16 > more :-) This is one of the most knowledgeable and helpful user groups
17 > around, and apart from portage, baselayout and a few other odd things, pretty
18 > much every question you could ask here can be applicable everywhere else.
23 Watch him slowly convert them over to Gentoo. o_O Then he'll be back
24 and asking who has a server like theirs. lol
25
26 Good luck dude!!
27
28 Dale