From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDM stucking!
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 14:44:29
1 Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > Am 23.04.2013 05:04, schrieb Jackie:
3 >> Starting up Gentoo today and found that after I entered my password in
4 >> KDM and the screen just stuck there with nothing for a while(maybe more
5 >> than 1min) and then splash came up.This never appeared before and I
6 >> don't know why.The only thing I did and might have something to do with
7 >> it is that I happened to have deleted the /var/tmp/kdecache-username
8 >> directory.So,is this reason? And what should I do now? Here is my
9 >> ~/.xsession-errors file:http://pastebin.com/7N3A9bCc
10 >> Thanks.
13 > What happens when you use login on the terminal and then use startx?
14 >
15 > Regards,
16 > Florian Philipp
19 I would add, try a different user. If you don't have one, just add one
20 for testing things like this. I have a dale and dale2 on here. Helps me
21 to see if a problem is a config thing or a software thing.
22
23 Dale
24
28 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
29 how you interpreted my words!