From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Performance problem at writing big files and Multitasking
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 20:58:18
1 On Tuesday 6 February 2007 21:31, Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
2
3 > On the other i recently recognized when i doing some video editing
4 > i.e. demultiplex the movie with projectx which shows the speed of
5 > writing video and audio to the disk. It writes about 200MB with about
6 > 25MB/s then it halts for about 2-3 seconds and starts again writing
7 > data to the disk, after another 200MB it halts again and starts over
8 > again and so on. I also recognize the same behavior when i multiplex
9 > the video and audio together with mplex. What could cause this
10 > problems
11
12 What I/O scheduler are you using? Did you try to experiment with the
13 deadline or the cfq I/O schedulers?
14 If you have them enabled in your kernel config, read
15 Documentation/block/switching-sched.txt and see if things get better
16 after changing the I/O scheduler for your hard disk.
17 Of course, your problem might be caused by something else altogether.
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list