From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Microphone problems Thinkpad X300
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 22:52:36
1 On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Alokat <mailing@××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Hi guys,
3 >
4 > I have some problems to get my headset to work.
5 >
6 > I have a snd_hda_intel soundcard and the output works pretty good - like
7 > watching videos etc pp.
8 >
9 > But Skype is not able to use my mic. I can hear myself in the speakers
10 > but for some reasons I can't use the mic for a skype phonecall.
13 I had _exactly_ the same problem on my compute server which was solved
14 fairly easily in KDE. YMMV in some other environment.
15
16 In KDE I opened the mixer. Initially it has a fairly limited set of controls.
17
18 Under 'Settings' I enabled the 'Capture' channel by dragging the
19 Capture icon over to the right side.
20
21 I enabled the Capture checkbox and raised the Capture volume.
22
23 Testing with the Skype test service worked and I have no trouble using
24 Skype now.
25
26 HTH,
27 Mark