From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: re-extracting linux sources
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 22:00:43
1 On 09/25/2009 02:35 PM, Maxim Wexler wrote:
2 > Hi group,
3 >
4 > After my last -uvDN world and subsequent revdep-rebuild and emerge
5 > --depclean I found the main Makefile under /usr/src/linux was missing.
6 > I managed to extract it from the sources and copy it over only to find
7 > that, naturally, many other files were missing too. I gave up after
8 > the third extraction/copy pass. Which leads to the following:
9 >
10 > 1) What is the approved method of re-populating that all-important
11 > directory, just untar the sources back in or ?
12
13 I just re-emerge the gentoo-sources package (or whatever you use instead).
14 I make a point of saving a copy of the most recent version of my kernel
15 .config file, though, in case the real one gets deleted somehow.