From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] re-extracting linux sources
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 21:35:36
1 Hi group,
2
3 After my last -uvDN world and subsequent revdep-rebuild and emerge
4 --depclean I found the main Makefile under /usr/src/linux was missing.
5 I managed to extract it from the sources and copy it over only to find
6 that, naturally, many other files were missing too. I gave up after
7 the third extraction/copy pass. Which leads to the following:
8
9 1) What is the approved method of re-populating that all-important
10 directory, just untar the sources back in or ?
11
12 2)How can I prevent this from happening again? The gentoo docs just
13 say, after the dust settles, to do a revdep followed by depclean. Is
14 that what did the deed? This was my first world upgrade and I sure
15 don't want to go through this again, if I can prevent it.
16
17 Maxim