From: Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I update *every* ebuild?
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 13:36:14
1 On 24/01/13 at 12:37pm, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > If you built a package with USE="-foo" and the foo USE flag is later
3 > removed, -N would rebuild it, --changed-use would not.
4 >
5 > Now think about all those linguas variables that are expanded to USE
6 > flags. Do you really want to recompile LibreOffice just because a
7 > linguas_klingon USE flag has been added? One that you wouldn't use anyway
8 > and so makes no difference to the software you actually have installed.
9
10 Ok --changed-use seems awesome, I'm sold. Just one minor clarification. In
11 the above example, what if linguas_klingon was added and defaults
12 to being on, would --changed-use rebuild libreoffice? In this case
13 rebuilding would be the desirable thing to do I presume.
17 - Yohan Pereira
18
19 The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference
20 between a mermaid and a seal.
21 -- Mark Twain