From: gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] XWindow appearing in a non-graphical tty. A bug or feature?
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 14:10:00
1 During the last 22 years, I got used to the setting
2 when the XWindow system appeared on one of
3 the "graphical" virtual terminals, mostly on tty6 or tty7.
4
5 However, after installing a new Gentoo system with
6 gentoo-kernel, I found out that the XWindow system
7 started to appear in the same tty, where I started it
8 using the startx command, shadowing all that was
9 typed there including the messages from the xorg-server.
10
11 So, I just wonder: "Is it a bug or a feature?"
12
13 And where exactly can one configure it?