From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Pain of migrating to plasma5
Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 17:50:46
1 On May 15, 2016 1:48:35 PM GMT+02:00, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >It seems that the plasma5 interface is not to the liking of the
3 >previous KDE4
4 >user, and the sddm problems make enlightenment a more appealing
5 >proposition.
6 >There are however a couple of problems that I don't know how to fix.
7 >
8 >1. kwalletd5 will not accept the passwd of the user to perform a
9 >migration
10 >from the old kdewalletd. The old kdwalletd continues to be started by
11 >akonadi/kmail and it accepts the user's passwd. However, applications
12 >like
13 >Chromium are asking for the new kwalletd5 - what is the recommended way
15 >move from old to new?
16 >
17 >2. Knotes content is gone! Where is it usually stored? I had a look
18 >under
19 >~/.local/share/notes/yiNon9TRJh/ but the current/new/tmp directories
20 >under it
21 >are empty.
22 >
23 >Grateful for any pointers.
24
25 For 1: check useflags. I remember reading about one when I did the upgrade. (No access to Gentoo atm)
26
27 2: check under .local/... (If I have the path to akonadi stores right)
30 Joost
31 --
32 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.