From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Akregator.
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 17:22:09
1 On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 14:43:43 +0000
2 Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > [OT]
5 > How should I set up KMail's filters to ignore not only an obnoxious
6 > contributor but all replies to him as well? Just filtering on his
7 > address anywhere in the headers is too coarse because interesting
8 > titbits sometimes appear in the conversation.
9 > [/OT]
10
11 In this case, he is the only poster (for at least the past couple
12 of years) who has "verizon.net" in his message-ids. If you only want to
13 filter immediate replies to him, match that string at the very end of
14 the References header, something like the regex verizon\.net>$ .
15 If you want to be more thorough, also filter for it in In-Reply-To
16 headers. I'm not familiar with KMail, so I can't give exact syntax.
17
18 This approach isn't foolproof -- not all clients send References or
19 In-Reply-To headers. Also, if another Verizon user comes along, you'll
20 miss replies to her.
21
22 FWIW, I find that even direct replies often contain interesting titbits,
23 so I'm just marking everything downthread a different color, making it
24 easy to skip if I'm not in the mood for the drama.