From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Udev-197 : 4 show-stoppers
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 09:52:34
1 On Sun, 20 Jan 2013 03:12:23 -0600, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2
3 > Therefore, for all the programs that installed rules in
4 > /usr/lib/udev/rules.d before the update, those rules cannot be found
5 > for the new udev. We had a discussion about that some days ago,
6 > several people posted different commands to detect programs that
7 > installed rules in the old dir, so you can reinstall them and their
8 > rules move to the right directory. The slow way is to look at the
9 > files in /usr/lib/udev/rules.d, do a "equery b ${file}", reinstall
10 > that package, and repeat until /usr/lib/udev/rules.d is empty.
11
12 And the quick elegant way is "emerge -1a /usr/lib/udev" although I don't
13 know how recent a version of portage you need for that.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 If at first you don't succeed, well...darn.