From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Udev-197 : 4 show-stoppers
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 10:12:10
1 On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 3:52 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Sun, 20 Jan 2013 03:12:23 -0600, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
3 >
4 >> Therefore, for all the programs that installed rules in
5 >> /usr/lib/udev/rules.d before the update, those rules cannot be found
6 >> for the new udev. We had a discussion about that some days ago,
7 >> several people posted different commands to detect programs that
8 >> installed rules in the old dir, so you can reinstall them and their
9 >> rules move to the right directory. The slow way is to look at the
10 >> files in /usr/lib/udev/rules.d, do a "equery b ${file}", reinstall
11 >> that package, and repeat until /usr/lib/udev/rules.d is empty.
12 >
13 > And the quick elegant way is "emerge -1a /usr/lib/udev" although I don't
14 > know how recent a version of portage you need for that.
15
16 I did not know that. Thank you.
17
18 Regards.