From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage should rebuild kaffeine after libdvdcss installed?
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 02:27:26
1 On Sun, 04 Oct 2009 21:19:04 -0500, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Jesús Guerrero wrote:
3 >> On Mon, 5 Oct 2009 10:31:53 +0900, daid kahl <daidxor@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> Hello all,
6 >>>
7 >>> I was getting some Japanese-bought DVDs to play correctly on my
8 >>> laptop, and I found that I after I installed libdvdcss from portage,
9 >>> portage did not think to rebuild kaffeine (or mplayer, etc), but that
10 >>> was necessary to get full viewing functionality.
11 >>>
12 >>> In the first case, I wonder if libdvdcss should be pulled in by the
13 >>> dvd USE flag. Secondly, I think portage ought to be smart enough to
14 >>> know to rebuild programs in such a case.
15 >>>
16 >>
17 >> Nope. What you have to do is to set up the correct use flags for
18 xine-lib
19 >> (dvd). All the dependencies will be pushed, you don't even have to
20 >> implicitly install libdvdcss. When a given use flag is changed portage
21 >> will
22 >> detect and recompile all the required packages with a simple emerge
23 >> -auDVN
24 >> world.
28 > I think this is a typo. The command should be emerge -auDvN world. The
29 > upper case V would only print the version of portage. That should
30 > therefore be a lower case v.
31
32 Well spotted, yes, it's a typo.
33