From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage should rebuild kaffeine after libdvdcss installed?
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 02:19:09
1 Jesús Guerrero wrote:
2 > On Mon, 5 Oct 2009 10:31:53 +0900, daid kahl <daidxor@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hello all,
5 >>
6 >> I was getting some Japanese-bought DVDs to play correctly on my
7 >> laptop, and I found that I after I installed libdvdcss from portage,
8 >> portage did not think to rebuild kaffeine (or mplayer, etc), but that
9 >> was necessary to get full viewing functionality.
10 >>
11 >> In the first case, I wonder if libdvdcss should be pulled in by the
12 >> dvd USE flag. Secondly, I think portage ought to be smart enough to
13 >> know to rebuild programs in such a case.
16 > Nope. What you have to do is to set up the correct use flags for xine-lib
17 > (dvd). All the dependencies will be pushed, you don't even have to
18 > implicitly install libdvdcss. When a given use flag is changed portage will
19 > detect and recompile all the required packages with a simple emerge -auDVN
20 > world.
24 I think this is a typo. The command should be emerge -auDvN world. The
25 upper case V would only print the version of portage. That should
26 therefore be a lower case v.
27
28 I wish I could type better too. LOL After proofing a message a dozen
29 times, I still find a boo boo after hitting the send button. :/ Maybe
30 it is the keyboard?
31
32 Dale
33